{}

Monday, April 4, 2011

PPK




Pedro. Pablo. Kuczynski. (PPK) 

I have never pretended to care about politics. I have obtained most of my political knowledge from watching mock debates on SNL and of course the Thursday Weekend Update. Sad, I know. 

So, why this sudden interest in the politics of Peru, you ask.                                                                                     

I'm not entirely sure.                                                                                                                                

Maybe it's because I think it's amusing that there are life-size cutouts of the representatives on every street corner, or that I am now the proud owner of three PPK bracelets. 

Anyway, on Saturday I went to the church in the wee hours of the morning (it was actually 7 a.m.), and was able to hear PPK speak! Very exciting. Although he spoke in Spanish, and I have no idea as to what was said, it was still a cool experience to have :) 

On Friday I built wheelchairs, took crazy pictures with Jhoselin and Estefanie, and afterwards went to a really small church about 30 minutes away from CDV for a missions conference. Martin spoke about Alcance, and showed a really sad video about children who work and live on the streets. I almost cried. 

Well, that is all for now! 

-Kelly


p.s. I COME HOME SOON! Let the celebration begin! :)       


3 comments:

  1. awesome experience kelly!

    Emily
    http://www.texasnj.dayeightmedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you can now say you have had the complete experience:) I love the broad spectrum of activities you describe in your last paragraph-politics to missions and sad children. Still amazed you are there, so glad for all you are seeing and doing and learning. I love you and miss you dearly Peru Girl!
    p.s. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have read this post and something always keeps me from commenting:) Not tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A thin coating of phosphorescent powder may be applied to the tube's interior. This coating is then attached to the tube's interior wall by a binding substance. The tube is filled using a purified gas mixture and the gas is ionized with a high voltage applied between sealed tube ends through cold cathodes that have been welded to the ends. The tube emits light in a color that is either the same as the gas or from the phosphor coating. You can butt-weld different sections of phosphor-coated tubing together with glass working torches to create a single tube of varying color. This is useful for creating signs where each letter has a different color within the same word.
    More info

    ReplyDelete