{}

Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Keep. Moving. Forward."


For this post I do not have exciting tales to tell about the kids, although something happened yesterday that some might call exciting; it could also be considered fairly embarrassing. I was building wheelchairs with my friends Jan Carlos and Jhoselin (they are also IDL interns), and one of the little screws for the wheelchair fell out of my hand and rolled away to an unknown corner of the room. I decided to go on a quest to find this little screw and somehow (I really don't know how this happened), a mountain of chairs fell on top of me and I was stuck and utterly helpless. Thankfully I was saved, and I am perfectly fine. This whole fiasco, however, justified my purchase of an Inca Kola and a cookie from the church cafe.  

Any who, I felt like sharing two verses that I read recently, and in my mind somehow connect to each other. 

1) "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." (Psalm 16:11)  
(I also must mention that my lovely mother showed me this verse.)

2) "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." (Isaiah 43:18-19)

The first verse is so incredibly wonderful because I am always asking God for a life map. I like spontaneity but at the same time I desire definite plans. Yet, here in this verse it is clearly saying "God does not want to keep us in the dark." He wants us to trust and rely on Him, but at the same time, He is willing to make known to us "the path of life." I don't have to go through life constantly wondering. If I am faithful to seek Him and actually ask what His opinion is on things, I will know exactly what I need to do. 

Now how do these two verses fit together in my mind? 

The verse in Isaiah says that God is doing a new thing for us; for me. 
But in order to obtain everything that God has for us, to have complete joy in His presence, and to accept the "path of life" God provides us with, we must forget the former things and stop dwelling on the past. He wants us to move forward in life, and to accomplish things that we cannot even imagine. 
I most definitely struggle with the idea of not dwelling on former things. I tend to "reminisce"...too much at times, and not necessarily about happy things in my life.

Because I tend to relate things in my life to movies (don't judge me), I immediately thought of "Meet the Robinsons" after reading the verse in Isaiah. Hence, the title of this post. If you have never seen this movie, and have no idea what I'm talking about, please fix this immediately and rent "Meet the Robinsons" from your local movie rental place (but not Family Video). 

These are just some of the thoughts I've had lately...and I truly hope that what I'm saying makes sense. I hope that I'm not rambling on about things that have no correlation to one another.

I believe that is all for now. :) 

-Kelly 

4 comments:

  1. Meet the Robinsons is officially my favorite movie ever. I knew we were best friends for a reason. :) I'm so proud of you- I feel like God has been teaching us some very similar things this year, granted in some very different ways. I can't wait until I can see you and we can talk through all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You NEVER ramble... you are spreading joy and encouragement. I love the 2 verses and as Pastor Zaino always said "You can preach that!" Love you leetle llama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsie!!! I KNOW! When we were born God was probably like: "They will be best friends and do great things together. And like pretty much the same things."
    I cannot wait to see you either...remember...road trip.

    ML :) I'm glad you liked the 2 verses. Love you so berry much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooooooovve the Isaiah verse!!! That is also one of those reminders and encouragements I need on a regular basis:) I am in a rambling mood (I have typed and deleted at least 3 paragraphs!) so I will just say...you bless me! I KNOW in my heart you are blessing those around you and I thank you again for sharing all of this with us!!! Love you and praying for you mucho mucho!!!

    ReplyDelete