{}

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The end is near..

In just a few short weeks I will be coming home.

Goodbye Fochi's Bars.
Goodbye Inca Kola.
Goodbye weird fish/meat/grey matter that I often consume. 


Hello little town of Horseheads. ("O Little Town of Bethlehem" just started playing in my head)
Hello speaking English 24/7.
Hello Americans.

Going home also means:
No more rice and beans.
No more conversations with Kelly Kriz via Google Translator.
No more cold showers and brushing my teeth with bottled water.




Am I happy about this? Not exactly...
Right now, every time I think about leaving Lima, Peru I become extremely sad.
I love it here; the people, the food (minus rice), the church, ministry. Everything.
I feel like time is playing huge tricks on my mind...did I really come here...at the beginning of February?!?
And it is now APRIL!? Whatttt?? Shouldn't I be staying here one more month?!



But, I am in fact coming back to the States in about 2 weeks! TWO weeks. Bah!

Thank you all once again for your prayers and your support!

-Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Hello Peru Girl! I can only imagine the mixed feelings you have right now!!! So good to know God is in control! His ways and His timing are perfect, and in the meantime your call to missions has become ever so real in your heart and you have been a blessing to oh so many beautiful people in Peru! And that my beautiful niece will continue until the moment you leave that country-I am certain of it! I love you, I miss you, I am praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thin coating of phosphorescent powder may be applied to the tube's interior. This coating is then attached to the tube's interior wall by a binding substance. The tube is filled using a purified gas mixture and the gas is ionized with a high voltage applied between sealed tube ends through cold cathodes that have been welded to the ends. The tube emits light in a color that is either the same as the gas or from the phosphor coating. You can butt-weld different sections of phosphor-coated tubing together with glass working torches to create a single tube of varying color. This is useful for creating signs where each letter has a different color within the same word.
    More info

    ReplyDelete