{}

Friday, March 25, 2011

Comparisons

I know what everyone is thinking, "So many posts. All at once!"
I might be a leetle excited about this new blog (just a leetle bit).

Lately I have become obsessed with blogs. Blogs written by my friends, blogs written by people I do not know, blogs about how to format blogs, blogs with free blog designs, blogs, blogs, blogs.
However, the blogs I have been reading the most are blogs written by full-time missionaries; stories of men and women who willingly leave the comforts of home for the frightening unknown.
As I was reading one blog in particular last night, I realized something about myself: I compare.

I compare my own personal missions experience to others. My blog to other blogs. My testimony to other testimonies.
The problem with this is that I begin to doubt.
Is my blog "eloquent" enough? Do I include enough Bible verses? Am I too funny? (I know everyone loves my witty humor)
I am not teaching English, working with jungle children, building houses or wells. I am not serving in a high-risk area of the world or adopting children, and I have yet to start a non-profit organization.

Long story short, I felt extremely convicted last night, and remembered the one promise I have been holding onto for the past few weeks:

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!    (Ephesians 3:20-21)

Who am I trying to please, and whose strength am I relying on? A few months ago I was reading through Matthew, and throughout the book, Jesus constantly talks about the state of our hearts. Unlike humanity, God does not look at the outward, but only the inward.
Am I putting more energy and focus into this blog, or into completing the work God has provided me with here in Peru? What is the motive behind this? Behind my words, and stories?
Ultimately, what I desire it to be is a place where I can share what God is doing in my life. Where I can show the amazing things that God (*not I*) is accomplishing through me here in Peru. Like Ephesians says, it is HIS power, not mine. When I compare my experience and testimony to others, I am underestimating His power, and His ability to work through my weaknesses. God is always at work, even when the results are not clearly visible to my human eyes.

This is where my heart is right now.

I don't have any stories for you right now, but hopefully I will soon (I'm going to an authentic Peruvian restaurant tonight, which should be interesting).

Thank you for praying, and supporting, and generally being great people.

-Kelly

p.s. AC & UL I almost wrote "bog" instead of "blog."

16 comments:

  1. Kelly!!! I love your new blog!!! You have such a beautiful heart!!! If you get bored, come check out my blog at

    http://texasnj.dayeightmedia.com

    There is also a tab for the day eight media shop where you can buy Christ filled t-shirts! Or make your own (you could make one for your mission trip :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were some very profound thoughts. I learned a lot from this short little post. Muchas gracias :)

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kelly, the Lord has really given you wisdom! This was an excellent post so full of truth. I love it and I love you!!! We continue to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily! Thank you! I will most certainly check out yo blog. I'll look into the shirts too.

    Steven. Hi. :) I'm glad that you got something out of it, and that you are finally commenting on my posts. :P

    AC- I am so glad!! Thank you (again) for praying, love you too! (And for being a faithful follower)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! Aji Amarillo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic... valentines day gifts

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done a amazing job with you website inca kola

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue Neon sign at a bakery
    Most commonly, tubing with an external diameter of 8-15mm and a 1mm wall thickness are used. However, 6mm tubing can now be purchased in colored glass tubes. The tubes are heated in sections with a variety of burners, which can be selected depending on the amount of glass that needs to be heated for each section. There are many gas torch options, including crossfires and cannon burners. Crossfires make sharp bends while ribbon burners make gradual bends.
    More info

    ReplyDelete
  9. É verdade que o benefício final do CO não está apenas na mudança de visitante para comprador. Seu objetivo no CO deve ser manter os clientes satisfeitos que foram adquiridos e até mesmo incentivá-los a se tornarem “promotores” da sua marca. Nesse sentido, o NPS é sem dúvida um dos indicadores mais importantes para o CO que você deve se esforçar para melhorar continuamente.
    https://comprarseguidoresbarato360.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Furthermore when you feel like you had different assumptions from your partners, assume the best about them first.
    Work assessment. Assessing work can be hard on occasion. Not having the group in a similar space can in a real sense accompany an attitude shift. That everyone in all actuality does its part and business goes on. Be that as it may, in any event, when everyone does their part, the result isn't generally the one we anticipate.
    https://grateposting.tumblr.com/post/677610507746918400/everything-you-need-to-know-about-brand-pillars

    So what we find valuable is to work with OKRs. At the point when groups work from a distance, what's fundamental is regarding cutoff times and targets, and not assuming you worked 8 or 10 hours per day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marketing through TikTok is similar to how it is handled on any social media platform and should always be based on a specific business purpose. You can help get better and more valuable information and take action by ensuring that: Objectives and targets are clearly established from the start. This will help you create your ads as well as monitor and adjust your campaigns. Once your campaign is executed and your objectives are defined, they will serve as a basis for evaluating the effectiveness of the campaign. https://sites.google.com/view/socialfollowersonline/home

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. Be bona fide. We've effectively addressed this, yet it truly is pivotal to guarantee that your newsjacked co2. Get your crowd. A major piece of being credible is getting your crowd, and having an idea about what they will respond well to. The last thing you need to do is disconnect your most steadfast clients by delivering something skewed with your picture and your qualities. https://www.articlevibe.com/how-an-seo-agency-helped-find-blog-topics-to-drive-high-intent-traffic/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nowadays, I am pretty sure that I can make good use of photos after following the advice in this book. I also learned how to automate the content and to take advantage of ads, especially Instagram, where it is useful to constantly retarget customers. One of the chapters I was more interested in was the one about the contests.https://gitlab.gnome.org/aryangg567

    ReplyDelete
  15. So how about we take a look at how to add an Instagram feed to your WordPress site? Just follow the guide below.https://dribbble.com/aryangg567/about</a

    ReplyDelete
  16. While Instagram and Facebook provide a broad spectrum of local advertising functions, strolling advertising and marketing campaigns at scale calls for a social media management suite. These allow agencies to control all their natural and paid efforts in a single region.For example, Advertise offers global advertising departments the capacity to run their entire advert approach from it. Every put up or marketing campaign can be scheduled in advance and adjusted for max effect using actual-time analytics.https://pinshape.com/users/2485452-arooj-fatima#designs-tab-open

    ReplyDelete